View/Cancel upcoming appointments here.
Schedule an Appointment
Schedule your appointments here.
Upload documents for your upcoming appointment here.
All appointments are being conducted by phone, and a member of the LEADS team will be reaching out to you via the phone number you provided. An application and all required documents must to be received prior to your appointment. Applications for assistance are dependent on the availability of funds.
List of Documents Required
Failure to provide all required documentation will delay your assistance. We require the following documents:
- Social Security card(s) or official documentation with social security numbers (or Permanent Resident/Green Card) for everyone living in the household.
- Photo ID
- Most recent utility bill or verification from your landlord that heating expenses are included in your rent. If you are applying for wood, coal, propane or kerosene, you need to bring a utility bill to verify your service address. If you participate in the Pre-Pay Electric Program, please present the statement from the utility company and include the account number, address and name on the account for all heating fuel sources and electric.
- Proof of household income from the previous month or proof of zero income including these examples:
- Check stubs (MUST have all check stubs showing pay dates and gross income for the calendar month prior to your appointment date and verification that you did not receive the maximum number of checks issued by your employer).
- OR, Current SSI/Social Security Award letter or Current Food Stamp Award letter.
- OR, Unemployment Check Stubs.
- Examples of items which cannot be accepted are previous LIHEAP applications, bank statements, copies of benefit checks, and 1099 tax forms. We cannot accept Medical Coverage Letters as proof of other income.
Please note after reviewing your documents we may request additional information to complete your application.
Over the years, LEADS goal has been to focus on the needs of entire families and communities by providing services and tools that contribute to their upward mobility.
Locations of LEADS CAA Assistance sites
- Newark Office:
160 Wilson Street Newark, OH 43055 | Google Map
Within minutes of making your appointment, you should receive a confirmation email with a calendar appointment attached to the email. In addition, you will also receive a phone reminder the day before your appointment.
Appointments can be changed or canceled at any time on this website. You can also make or cancel an appointment at any time (24/7) using our automated phone system by dialing 740-322-4080 and following the instructions.